I was cruel to the service center managers. One of them kept promising 
me a job and then wouldn't return my calls. I actually sat on his desk in my 
patent leather pants and wouldn't get off until he hired me. It was the best 
decision he ever made.
    Another time I showed up on a cool1948 bicycle that was painted with 
zebra stripes. That wasn't the issue however. The issue was that I was 
wearing a matching zebra-striped outfit. The ladies in the maintenance 
department had a fit about that. The managers, especially the big wig paid 
them no mind however. The were too amused by my antics. Without me that 
place was D-U-L-L.
    I showed up in one of my mom's mini skirts another time. It was cute 
with matching undies so that nobody would get offended...except the ladies 
in maintenance that is. Fuddy-duddies they were.
    The big wig finally agreed to pull me into his office for a chat about 
the matter (just to shut up those old girls). I went into his office with a 
pad and paper like I was his secretary, perched myself onto the corner of 
his desk, crossed my legs with pen and paper at the ready and chirped "Yes 
Mr. Traska???" He fell into a gale of laughter and forgot what he supposed 
to talk to me about. We chatted for awhile and he sent me back to customer 
service. He lied to the old gals and told them he was stern with me.
    The outfit I wore next put that one to shame. It was Halloween however 
so I got away with it again.....HotrodMamma.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Gene Henry" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 3:44 PM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Tech Talk


>
> I was a customer Service and Repair Manager for about 30 years at Sears. 
> If
> a customer at the counter demanded a "man" to answer their question,  the
> girls knew I would always ask them to confirm my opinion before giving the
> final decision to the customer, as in "it kinda sounds like the timer 
> motor,
> don't you think, "Susie counter clerk"?  Everyone loved it - except maybe
> the unknowing customer.
>
> Gene
> I woulda' hired you, MSM!!!!!!!!
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Creative Residential Designs" <[email protected]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 4:27 PM
> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: *shakes fist*
>
>
>>
>>    I worked in Customer Service for Sears Service Center in Boise, Idaho.
>> It was standard procedure to go through a step by step tech manual with a
>> customer on their non-working appliances. In many cases of course it was
>> something that the customer did to cause the problem. Most of them were
>> hysterical though and wouldn't listen to the girls in Customer Service.
>> They
>> wanted a technician to talk to and they wanted one NOW!!!!
>>    I have a deep voice and sounded like a dude, so it became "standard
>> procedure" to put me on as a "technician". I would go through the same
>> manual, same procedure as the other girls would have and in most cases
>> would
>> help them fix their own problem. The only problem would come later (if 
>> the
>> problem didn't get cured) when they wanted that "technician" that they
>> spoke
>> to earlier to be the one to come out and actually fix their appliances.
>> They
>> would have been sorely disappointed in my skills.
>> HotrodMamma.
>
>
> >
> 


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to