I'd ride year round if I had all of that!

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Minnesota Blue <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I live in Minnesota and work at a transportation company.  In the same
> garage with us is a motorcycle funeral escort business.  These people
> are truly nuts!  They ride Harley Road Kings 365 days a year
> regardless of weather, road conditions, or temperature.  When the snow
> falls they slap on a 3rd wheel sidecar frame with some weights on it
> and off they go!  Not only are they riding, they are leading funeral
> processions and stopping traffic when needed to allow the procession
> to remain together.  Can you imagine putting yourself in the way of
> traffic on snow covered roads!  Don't get me wrong, they have heated
> grips, large windscreens, huge glove covers, and are dressed head to
> toe in warm gear, but at -10 degrees in snow there is no way you get
> me out there with them!
>
> On Mar 23, 11:29 am, stanley/ Randolph <[email protected]> wrote:
>> JD - I'm with  you.  I have ridden on gravel with street tires and on grass 
>> also, and that was bad enough.  I didn't fall, but the lack of traction 
>> really gets the heart pumpin' when it feels like you're goin' down.
>>
>> Stanley
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: JD <[email protected]>
>> To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:35:06 PM
>> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: went down today
>>
>> I used to live up in Eastern Washington, but now I'm down in LA. Snow
>> is one thing I've always refused to ride in. I've ridden in crazy
>> rain, hail, below freezing, and heavy fog. If someone knows anything
>> riding techniques to use in the snow maybe I'd try it. But right now,
>> I won't take out anything that doesn't have at least three wheels in
>> the snow. If I can't bank on at least a little bit of traction I want
>> more stability....that's just me
>> ~JD
>>
>> On Mar 21, 8:48 am, "Kyle K.K." <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> > I was going all of 3 mph. No damage to me or the bike (yay for the
>> > giant crashbar.) 90 degree corners on snow SUUUUUUUCK.
>>
>> > Anyone else riding in snow?
>>
>> > -Kyle- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to