I'm not really sure what is going on or how exactly to describe it.
Overall (except for a problem I'll describe shortly) the bike runs
very strong. But, and it has always done this since I have had the
bike, when the rpms are between 6000-7000 the bike is very jumpy. It
feels like it loses power, gain power, loses again, back and forth
while in that range. But it only does it if I stay in that range and
not when accelerating through the range (if that makes sense). If I
give it gas in that range, it always responds.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but it might- I have had a
problem over the last two days which I have attributed to a bad spark
plug cable. The bike was running very strong. Got on the bike to go
home from work one day and the engine was horrible. Would barely
start, wouldn't stay on without throttle, and would not rev above 3000
rpms with the throttle wide open. Checked the plugs, tried to start it
again and got it running, but very rough- enough to make it home and
the bike would barely break 50mph. At home I checked the plugs for
spark. Three plugs were sparking, one was not. For kicks and grins I
tried to start it again and it started without issue and is currently
running strong again- like nothing is wrong- except the first problem
I described above.

Are these two related? Or should I be looking elsewhere for the
6000-7000 rpm problem?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to