Joey,

I have a 96 750 and 82 650.  They are totally different bikes - so
your experience is not that far out of line.  The Engine Casting do
seem to get i the way of my boot.  The one thing that sounds
completely strange are the handle bars.  I rode 2,000 miles last
summer and had no wrist problems - very comfortable riding position
and seat.  Having said that, I wouldn't buy a 82 650 again.  It does
feel under powered and sluggish - especially compared to my 96 750.

Sean

On Jul 23, 4:48 pm, Joey Kelley <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>          About a week ago I posted I was going to go look at an 82
> 650. Paul amongst others basically had me convinced that I shouldn't
> buy it anyway, however I did want to look it over.
>          I rode about a 90 miles to it and then jumped off the 450 and
> right onto the 650.
>          I've ridden a few bikes, say about a half dozen or so, but
> I've never gotten onto one and felt so WRONG as I did on that 650.
> Maybe its just being used to the 450, but I felt like the pegs were in
> the wrong spot for my feet, the shifter was waaaaay too low for me to
> reach comfortably, I kept trying to put my feet on the engine casings
> because it felt like thats where my feet should be, it didn't rev up
> like the 450 does (slower revving) the riding position felt different
> and wrong. The handlebars on this particular one had been adjusted so
> they tipped inward considerably - made my wrists bend weird, but this
> could be re-adjusted without too much trouble.
>          Am I just THAT used to my 450 that anything else feels wrong?
> I've been on Sportsters and even a HD SuperGlide for extended periods
> and several other bikes for shorter rides. None felt as wrong riding
> position wise as this did.
>          Thoughts?
>          Comments?
>          -Joey
>
> --
> -Joey Kelley

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to