So, let me bounce some stuff off you guys, since the specs listed on
the DIYmotorcycleseat.com site don't seem to be standard with the
suppliers I'm looking at.

Since neither of my foam inserts are really in any decent shape to put
back on the bike (lots of dry rotting and cracking), I'm looking to
use one of them as a basic shape guide and just making something new.
DIYms suggests a high density polyethylene closed cell foam as a base
layer, but I'm not finding much info on the ILD and compression
modulus specs on supplier websites.

I do have specs for "PSI (% deflection)" which seems to be how much
PSI (usually 4-9) it takes to hit (usually 25%) a certain compression.
I don't know if this is comparable to ILD; anyone here know? Anyone
here a materials engineer?

Thanks!
-Kurt

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to