Well he came clean with me, sort of.  He did not know about the front
fender, it was given to him like that.  The reason the color is wrong
is because he repainted the bike.  He said the original paint was not
up to his standard so he repainted it.  He used a photo of a blue '93
as a guide.  The VIN says it's been a salvage-rebuilt title since at
least 2002 and it's obviously had been pieced together at least a
little.  I'm torn, on one hand it could be a great bike on a good
deal, on the other it could be a Nightmare (see what I did there :P)
of problems.  The last owner only rode it 700 miles.   I'm gonna sleep
on it and decide if I want to go look at it but I'm leaning towards
letting it go.

Matt