So the bike's still running a tad rich. Poked around and I noticed one of
the choke plungers wasn't really going up and down with the rest of them.
Pulled the carbs off *again* and set about checking the starting valves
(chokes,enrichers,whatevers). They're held in place with a little plastic
nut. The sticking one came out fine and looked ok and I wasn't sure why it
was sticking so I pulled the one next to it to compare. Oops, the little
plastic nut on that one snapped right in two. Well, crap, but no biggie
right? This little thing shouldn't cost that much to get a new one and I'm
happy it broke on my work bench rather than on the highway. I might as well
replace all 4 while I got them off the bike right? So off to the internet I
go, again CRAP! Nobody sells just that nut that I can find. They want to
sell the whole damn valve kit for $33 to $45. I've tried
hondaparts-direct.com, bikebandit.com, cheapcycleparts.com,
hondapartshouse.net, etc.
I love my 26 yr old bike, but GRRRRRR

-Kyle

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to