I can't speak for all - but my non-name brand floating charger is 1.25
Amp max - and I think my Dad's battery tender is 1.5 Amp rated. (I
could be wrong on that last part)
         I have never had to put my NH on a trickle charger though -
I'm lucky to have a good charging system.
        -Joey

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:20 AM, [email protected]
<[email protected]> wrote:
> in the marine world we tend to say that you can have an un-regulated charge 
> up to 8% of the total amperage of the battery... So if your battery is rated 
> at 100 aphs then you can leave an 8 amp charger on it without regulation... 
> The tenders are normaly 2amp and have a float/maintain mode... the 12v car 
> charger wouldent boil a battery if it had a maintain mode (and everything 
> here is in 12v)
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> Date: Monday, March 14, 2011 8:48:55 pm
> To: [email protected]
> From: "Paul" <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Battery Tender Question
>
> *Jay,*
> *
> *
> *I've never "de-capped" my battery when connecting it to the tender, but I
> can really see where this would be a good idea when connecting to a standard
> battery charger. My 12-volt car charger can get my motorcycle battery
> boiling in very short amount of time.*
> *
> *
> *But I think the charge from a tender is so slow and gentle that it isn't
> required. But I would like to hear from some others on this too.*
> *
> *
> *Paul*
> *
> *
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:17 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>  Battery charging instructions usually tell you to have the six cell caps
>> off when charging so the hydrogen gas formed can escape. Do you need this
>> done when on a battery tender or can the battery be left on the bike with
>> the charger leads directly connected to the battery terminals?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay S
>> 92 NH750
>> South Florida
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To post to this group, send email t
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>



-- 
-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to