I tried to build one of these using oil as a fluid.  My thoughts were it 
wouldn't damage anything if sucked into the engine, and the thicker viscosity 
would help dampen the oscillations.  (Guess I should have used Seafoam, and got 
a tune-up/clean if it got sucked in!)
I could not get the oscillations to dampen out to a usable level.  One of the 
plans I saw said to use aquarium size tubing and metering valves.  That might 
have worked.  The plans I used called for a u-tube manometer that had each end 
of the tube hooked up to different cylinders.  Cylinder 2 would be used as a 
base measurement, paired first with Cylinder 1, then Cylinder 3, then Cylinder 
4.  I since got a quad set of dial types with restrictors and valve type 
metering valves.  I have not used it yet, but it certainly looks more usable.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Javier Garcia 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:47 AM
  Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] manometer


  Hey Chris, please let us know how it goes with building the manometer and all 
that.
  Javier.


  On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Chris Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:

    Thanks for adding that link on how to make one. Sorry I can't find the 
email so who ever posted it thanks a lot. thanks Javier for the video on your 
bike when it came to the question on white smoke. But before I go to get the 
things I need to make the manometer does anyone know exactly were on the carb. 
would I hook it up ? I have a 83 CB750SC and the Haynes book doesn't really 
show me were. This book is a great book for info once you know what your doing.

    Chris

    -- 
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
    For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.




  -- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
  For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to