Thanks guys. New chain and sprockets are installed. Black "do not
remove" plug intact. Now on to the next project.

On Aug 27, 5:07 pm, "Allen Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Be super easy on the black plastic "do not remove" plug when you go to put it 
> back in. It has an o-ring to keep it tight so it doesn't need to be much more 
> than hand tight. Two people in the last year broke them is it really easy to 
> do.
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Javier Garcia <[email protected]>
>
> Sender: [email protected]
> Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:04:13
> To: <[email protected]>
> Reply-To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Is this part realyy needed?
>
> Briant,
>
> I don't think that part is need it at all. I'm not even sure what it is for.
> I guess it will hold the chain in case it comes out of the sprocket. In any
> case, it is safe to use the replacement the way it is. Just make sure the
> bolts of the new sprocket are tight enough. An impact wrench will make the
> job a lot easier.
> BTW, is it important to remind that you should change the front sprocket as
> well if you are getting a new chain and rear sprocket. To get to the front
> sprocket you will need to take out the shifter pedal and the black cover,
> including the black nut with the "Do not open" sign. When you put it back,
> remember to be extra careful with that one, because is plastic and it can be
> easily be broken (as I did).
>
> Javier.
>
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Brian Barr <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > All.
> > I really appreciate this forum and everyones willingness to share
> > their experience help others problem solve. This   forum has given me
> > the courage to tackle replacing the chain and sprokes on my 1991 NH
> > 750.
> > Things were going along smoothly until I went to replace the rear
> > sprocket. I noted that the original sproked has a chain guard riveted
> > to it.  The aftermarket sproked does not. Is this chain guard
> > necessary?
> >  I checked out a number of other, more powerful bikes of friends and
> > they don't seem to have this chain guard. I could drill out the rivets
> > from the original. As it appears that the bolts holes of the guard and
> > sprocket line up. It should just bolt back in place over the AM
> > sprocket.
> > Does anyone know if it would effect the torque specifications if I was
> > to leave this chain guard off?
> > Thanks, Brian
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected].
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group 
> athttp://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to