Hey Glenn,

The 83 650s are indeed six speeds, but they aren't belt drive, they're shaft
driven. I'm in the process of tearing one down to bring it back from the
dead. Personally, I feel that replacing rings and some valve stem seals
would probably be cheaper and easier than swapping the entire running gear
from another bike.

Kurt

On Sep 10, 2011 6:18 PM, "Glenn Jensen" <[email protected]> wrote:

 Dear Group:

Has anyone tried / heard of anyone changing out a 1982 650 engine with a
later model.  The 1982 650 I have is chain drive and has five gears.  It is
my understanding that the later models were six speed transmissions with
belt drive.

Anyrate, my current engine is burning a little oil, so it probably needs a
top end job, but then I was thinking, if it was relatively easy, perhaps
just swap in a more modern engine/transmission.

Thanks

Glenn

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:00:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] 82 CB450SC
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]

<Responding to Old E-mails here - Sorry for the delay!>
     John!
     Welcome aboard!
      -Joey, Group Moderator, Brewer, Maine.
82 CB450SC (Black) and 1978 Suzuki GS-1000E

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

*Thanks for the note John! You bike looks as sharp now as the day you bought
it new!! Good job! Glad you're on the e-group here.
*
*

Paul



Paul LeBoutillier
*
*
*
*www.hondanighthawks.net*



On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:45 AM, John Hess <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Paul,

**** **

Great website!  I kind of stumbled across it by accident.  Seeing what
you’ve collected, I thought I’d send you a photo of my ride.  I bought this
’82 450 Nighthawk new in 1984 and have owned it ever since.  It’s all
original. It was my first and is my only motorcycle, though I’ve driven a
few others.  It’s been a great bike and is essentially bulletproof.  I only
have about 6,200 miles on it – partly due to many other distractions and
partly due to our shorter season here in the far north.  Hope to see you out
there someday.

** **

John

York County, Maine

By the way, I compressed the original photo as suggested at your site.  If
it is too small, I can re-send at about 440 KB.  Thanks.






-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.



-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.




-- 
-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to