Your float needle is probably gummed in there; it's been sitting with the
same gas for two decades, right? Definitely some deposits.

Your slide piston is probably the same way, just "soft seized" from sitting
too long. You can give them an overnight soak and see if that helps your
problems any.

I have a stuck slide on the #4 carburetor on the rack I'm slowly rebuilding
for the 650, going to try the pine-sol soak and then a hot water bath,
hopefully the cleaning action followed by the expansion of the aluminum
will free it enough that it will pop right out.

-Kurt