My wife likes to ride.
However, she has not ridden solo.
It's my opinion that until you ride solo, its really hard to catch "the fever".
It's been since I was 7 or 8 before I rode my first motorcycle, it was a Suzuki
trailbike, not sure what size, 70or a 90 I'm thinking, the clutch was not
working so me and my brothers would hand off the bike on the run and ride it
around the yard that way. Even without a working clutch it was like nothing I
had ever experienced. We practically lived on bicycles back then. We used to go
for day long bike trips, and I'm talking about on a single speed with a banana
seat. Things were different back then. :-) Anyway, It's my hope that once I get
her on a motorcycle and let her feel the power, that she catches the fever and
wants to pursue it. But without getting past that first step, I doubt she will
ever care to pursue it. She has the biggest two obstacles beaten, least in my
opinion, the first being able to ride a bicycle and know how to balance & turn,
the second, the ability to use a clutch. I know that turning a bicycle and a
motorcycle and very different in a technical sense, but I believe that's
something that comes to you in practice anyway. I don't recall ever being told
about counter-steering until much later in my first MSF class that I took out
in AZ in my 20's. It was then that I learned the technical term for what I had
been doing for years by instinct. Anyway, I hope I can get her on the Nighthawk
one day. Perhaps I should start her on a scooter. :-)