Rant her - I have to jump in on the V-Star.  I had one in my garage for 
about 2 years.  An employee moved to the mainland and had to return every 
month.  We traded storage so that I could ride the bike a couple of times a 
week to reduce the ride time on my Nighthawk.  That bike was the worst bike 
I have ever been on.  I ended up getting cut off and dropping it on it's 
side.  I replaced the exhaust with a V&N and it made the bike OK.  Before 
that it was so choked by all the emissions stuff that it just didn't run 
well and was really underpowered.  The riding position was as people 
described above - if you hit a pot hole you had no way of getting your butt 
off the seat.  Plus it I had to make a sharp turn forget about it - the 
bars are wide and my legs were constantly in the way - I'm 6'3" so not that 
tall.

I know - this is a real rant on the V-Star but as you can tell I really 
didn't like that bike.

Aloha Sean

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:28:28 AM UTC-10, ross.m.jamison wrote:
>
>  Take a look at the newest v-star 650. I like it. It's long & should have 
> a good ride, shaft drive
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ross
>  ------------------------------
> From: Christy Deering <javascript:>
> Sent: 4/18/2013 11:04 AM
> To: [email protected] <javascript:>
> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Ode to parking lots.
>
> Uh uh. No way, no how. I rode a 125 Vino for two years, and even though it
> was pleasant, I've moved on, and I don't want to go back. :)
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM, nighthawkin 
> <[email protected]<javascript:>> 
> wrote:
>
> > how bout another scooter?  Honda has a killer nice reflex and the helix?
> > and theres the ol'school elite 250?  they all do 70 mph and excellent 
> mpg's.
> >
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Christy Deering <
> > [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm with ya - I instinctively rode my old scooter with my feet tucked up
> >> under me, as far back as they would go, so I could get my butt off the 
> seat
> >> if needed. I used to call it the "princess" stance. :)
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Dave duChene 
> >> <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >wrote:
> >>
> >>> If you go with a Shadow make sure you get one with your feet under you
> >>> rather than forward.
> >>> It might look cool but with feet forward there is virtually no way to
> >>> get your weight off your butt when you see a bump coming. The shock 
> goes
> >>> straight up your back.
> >>> Dave
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On 18 April 2013 12:03, Christy Deering <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Hmm...I guess I'll never know until I test ride one, eh? I tested out
> >>>> my friend's Rebel 250....uuuugh, talk about no power and poor 
> handling.
> >>>> It's got the same size engine I have now on my Nighthawk, and felt 
> about
> >>>> twice as heavy. Clunky...poor shifting...of course, that was probably 
> just
> >>>> specific to her Rebel, not all Rebels, but shifting it left me with a 
> sore
> >>>> leg and a bruised foot it was so stiff.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Dave duChene 
> >>>> <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>> Here we go -
> >>>>> I had a 750 Shadow briefly (very briefly)
> >>>>> It was like driving a stone, no power, poor handling. Got rid of it
> >>>>> and got my 1984 750S.
> >>>>> Dave
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> On 18 April 2013 11:42, Christy Deering 
> >>>>> <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>> Dunno...wouldn't mind trying out a 750 Shadow... :) What would you
> >>>>>> recommend?
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM, nighthawkin 
> >>>>>> <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >wrote:
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>> ahh... well what are you thinking of getting?
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Christy Deering <
> >>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Here's the thing. If they total the bike (which is what happened
> >>>>>>>> when my last car got smashed into on the street) I'll just use 
> the money to
> >>>>>>>> put a down payment on another bike. A bigger one. :) Last time, 
> the money I
> >>>>>>>> got for my old beater was only enough to buy a scooter off 
> Craigslist. This
> >>>>>>>> time, it would probably be the same amount (or even less, maybe) 
> but I'd be
> >>>>>>>> looking for a more expensive vehicle I can buy from a dealership, 
> probably.
> >>>>>>>> Sigh. Texas hasn't been kind to my vehicles so far.
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Rmj 
> >>>>>>>> <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >wrote:
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>  Be careful. The total damage may be more than the bike is worth,
> >>>>>>>>> in which they will total it. Had that done to a car I drive now. 
> Gave me
> >>>>>>>>> some cash & I got it fixed. I'm still hurt that the car now has 
> a salvage
> >>>>>>>>> title
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Thank you,
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Ross
> >>>>>>>>>  ------------------------------
> >>>>>>>>> From: Christy Deering <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> >>>>>>>>> Sent: 4/17/2013 1:21 PM
> >>>>>>>>> To: [email protected] <javascript:>
> >>>>>>>>> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Ode to parking lots.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>  Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all the comments and help! I will
> >>>>>>>>> definitely let y'all know how it works out. Right now I'm just 
> waiting on
> >>>>>>>>> an inspector to call to set up a time to come take a look at the 
> damage on
> >>>>>>>>> the Nighthawk, after which I'll have my answer. I have a $500 
> deductible,
> >>>>>>>>> so we'll see what the damage amounts to...dent in tank, bend 
> clutch lever,
> >>>>>>>>> scrapes, broken plastic cover, helmet...*crosses fingers it's 
> over $500 so
> >>>>>>>>> she gets some compensation*
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Rmj 
> >>>>>>>>> <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >>>>>>>>> > wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>  Christy,
> >>>>>>>>>> Let us know how all this works out. Lot of lessons for all of us
> >>>>>>>>>> to learn
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Thank you,
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Ross
> >>>>>>>>>>  ------------------------------
> >>>>>>>>>> From: Rick, Scituate, MA, 82 650 NH <[email protected]<javascript:>
> >
> >>>>>>>>>> Sent: 4/17/2013 12:29 PM
> >>>>>>>>>> To: [email protected] <javascript:>
> >>>>>>>>>> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Ode to parking lots.
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>  You didn't mention which store you were in but I'd ask if they
> >>>>>>>>>> have cameras.  My car got hit in a parking winter before last 
> and I was
> >>>>>>>>>> able to find the other driver.  This was in a company's parking 
> lot and
> >>>>>>>>>> their security was able to give me a plate number in about 2 
> hours.  I went
> >>>>>>>>>> to the police department and they made the first call.  Turned 
> out it was
> >>>>>>>>>> an employee of the company and they started off denying 
> everything but came
> >>>>>>>>>> round after a day or two.
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> I'm sure it varies, these folks keep the data a week.  After 
> that
> >>>>>>>>>> it is deleted.  So I'd check soon.
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Hope it was a car, I'd hate to think we'd do that to each other.
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Good luck,
> >>>>>>>>>> Rick
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:25:01 AM UTC-4, Christy Deering
> >>>>>>>>>> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> So I decided to stop by the store last night after work for a
> >>>>>>>>>>> couple of things for dinner. Parked Gladys (the CB250) by a 
> lovely Honda
> >>>>>>>>>>> CBR 250, in a specially marked motorcycle parking area where 
> cars can't go,
> >>>>>>>>>>> made sure everything was in order, kick stand out all the way, 
> helmet
> >>>>>>>>>>> locked, etc.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> Came out from the store about 15 minutes later to Gladys on her
> >>>>>>>>>>> side, leaking gas onto the pavement, CBR gone, but no real 
> idea why Gladys
> >>>>>>>>>>> should be lying down at a time like this.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> In the 90+ degree heat, hoisted all 350 lbs of her back on her
> >>>>>>>>>>> feet, straightened out the mirror/etc, noticed the crack in 
> the left
> >>>>>>>>>>> plastic cover (probably caused by the bike falling on the 
> helmet) along
> >>>>>>>>>>> with numerous scratches...tried to start her up, she wouldn't 
> go, sat there
> >>>>>>>>>>> a while thinking maybe the engine was flooded and waiting 
> would help...it
> >>>>>>>>>>> didn't...finally got off the bike, threw all my gear on the 
> ground (christ
> >>>>>>>>>>> it was hot), took the seat off, pulled out the manual, 
> followed the
> >>>>>>>>>>> instructions for clearing a flooded motor, and she started up 
> again
> >>>>>>>>>>> (Huzzah!).
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> To my heat and irritation addled brain, the instructions for
> >>>>>>>>>>> clearing a flooded engine sounded like this: "Take off your 
> left glove,
> >>>>>>>>>>> whistle five and a half times, run the engine on and off for 
> seven half
> >>>>>>>>>>> past nine minutes, turn everything *completely *off, hold a
> >>>>>>>>>>> seance, ask God for help, when he doesn't answer, turn bike 
> ninety-eight
> >>>>>>>>>>> degrees to your left, put your left glove back on, compose a 
> sonnet, and
> >>>>>>>>>>> then go out and buy a new bike."
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> Mondays, I'm tellin ya.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> Does anyone know if damage caused in a parking lot like this is
> >>>>>>>>>>> ever covered by insurance?
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> >>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from 
> it,
> >>>>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]<javascript:>
> .
> >>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
> >>>>>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at
> >>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> >>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit 
> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> >>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from 
> it,
> >>>>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]<javascript:>
> .
> >>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
> >>>>>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at
> >>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> >>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit 
> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
> Google
> >>>>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> >>>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]<javascript:>
> .
> >>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
> >>>>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>>>>> Visit this group at
> >>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> >>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
> .
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
> Google
> >>>>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> >>>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]<javascript:>
> .
> >>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
> >>>>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>>>>> Visit this group at
> >>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> >>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
> .
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>  --
> >>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >>>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> >>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected] <javascript:>
> .
> >>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
> >>>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>>>> Visit this group at
> >>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> >>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>  --
> >>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> >>>>>>> send an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
> >>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>>> Visit this group at
> >>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> >>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>  --
> >>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> >>>>>> send an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
> >>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
> >>>>>> Visit this group at
> >>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> >>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> --
> >>>>> If you forward this e-mail please remove my address.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> --
>
> [The entire original message is not included.]
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to