I've been a VERY bad motorcycle owner...

I decided this past Fall that instead of winterizing my bike (1995
Nighthawk 750) as I've done in past years, I would be diligent to get out
and get it started every couple weeks and let it run for 10 to 15 minutes.
After doing some rather expensive carb cleaning in the past I felt this was
the best option with today's additive-laden gasolines that can clog carbs
when left sitting for very long.

Problem was, things rarely go as planned. Between being very busy
personally and a VERY cold and snowy Dec/Jan I found myself putting off
getting my bike started. On top of that, once I did get out there, I
discovered my battery was no longer taking a charge. (I keep a battery
tender connected.)

So FINALLY this past Monday (on my day off) I picked up a fresh battery and
a can of Sea Foam (the motorcycle rider's cure-all) and fired it up. It ran
a bit rough for a moment or two but with a new battery and more and more
sunshine every day I'm determined to stay on top of periodic startings
until Spring is truly sprung. :)

Paul

* Paul LeBoutillier *
*www.hondanighthawks.net <http://www.hondanighthawks.net/>*