Yup, I had the exact same issues as you did and I to bought a new Rick's Electric starter and you're right, it's almost unbelieveable what a positive difference it made!!! EXCELLENT. I had tried rebuilding my original starter beforehand also. Once I was into it however, I knew by the poor condition of the commutator that it was probably in vain and it was. If you vistit http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com you can ask them to paint one black before shipping it to you and they will. They also sell other great items related to the electrics.
On Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:48:14 PM UTC-2:30, jman2343 wrote: > > I rebuilt the original starter for my 84 CB700 Nighthawk S and could tell > it was still drawing too much, and once the bike was hot it wouldn't pull > it threw compression. Found a used one on eBay and same results. Just > received a new starter (Rick's Electric) and man what a difference. So if > your having trouble and you have bad windings like I most likely did (I > changed the brushes), Amazon seems to have the best price at 161.00 > dollars. Only down side is they don't paint the housing black, maybe after > my warranty is done I correct that one issue. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
