I was warming up my bike one time and could smell raw gasoline when I 
approached it from behind to get on it. I looked into it and found that my 
#1 cylinder wasn't firing at all, and I didn't even notice it. Have you 
taken the temperature of your pipes out of the head? I didn't have a laser 
thermometer, so I just touched the pipes on a cold start. #1 stayed stone 
cold, so I knew I had a problem. Rather than deal with it, I sold the bike, 
which was a flip anyway. The new owner never noticed it on a test ride 
either. Not sure if they ever did.

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:51:32 PM UTC-4, Barry Albrecht wrote:
>
> Another rider pulled up next to me yesterday and said there was as slight 
> gasoline smell coming from my exhaust. Was wondering what could be the 
> cause of this and is it dangerous?
>
> A quick look online makes it seem like the bike may be running rich?
>
> Thanks.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to