Barry,
I agree with the others on the find out what qualities are
important to you and attempt to make a decision before going shopping.
My Father (who just retired at age 62) has recently had some
hernia problems and is considering going to a smaller bike with less weight
as a direct result. Depending on your height and inseam, a FJR 1300 might
be an excellent choice but for those of us who are shorter in stature (a
bit less than 30 inch inseam and 5' 4" tall in my case) I bit the bullet
and bought a cruiser style bike - a 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 - that I can
flat foot in sneakers. It has all kinds of get up and go and particularly
riding solo has more performance than I need. Heavier than a NH by a good
bunch, the weight comes in handy during cross winds and due to the low
center of gravity, doesn't impair slow speed maneuvering much at all. If
its of any note, Yamaha has been producing that engine since 2007 and it is
still in production with no major changes that I am aware of.
Just a thought.
Still miss my NH in traffic sometimes, but, never felt as safe on
it as I do the Yamaha!
-Joey
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote:
> Pictures people, pictures...
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 2:21 AM, JOHN WILSON <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I bought a CTX700 earlier this summer. What a really nice machine! Fuel
>> economy is astounding. I get 65 -71 mpg. That isn't on highway driving. I
>> usually drive it 5 miles to work and back on suburban roads. I highly
>> recommend one!
>>
>>
>> On October 1, 2014, at 1:45PM, EGrider wrote:
>>
>> I'm 60 and staring full retirement (actually, I don't work so much now)
>> in the face. I just rode my 1996 750 NH from Atlanta to San Francisco and
>> back in May. I've also been toying with the thought of upgrading because "I
>> deserve better" and "I can afford it." Although they're few and far
>> between in this neck of the woods (ATL), I've been thinking about a PC800
>> for a few years now. I've also thought about getting a CTX700 and kitting
>> it out, and there is one on CL right now not so far away
>>
>> http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/4607640185.html
>>
>> So far I haven't pulled the trigger. Why not? I keep thinking about
>> selling the NH away when it's been so rock solid over the years. There
>> really isn't a valid reason to sell it. It just goes and goes, and it runs
>> like a top. I know I could get on it tomorrow and it would take me to SF
>> and back again. So I continue to hesitate. (I also have a 29" inseam,
>> which limits my choices).
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
--
-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.