First I posted this on the ST Owners forum and got ZERO responses.  I know
I'll get responses from this group.

I have a 1991 ST1100 and a prior owner put a manual switch in to turn the
radiator fan on and off.  A common mod for this bike and really needed.
The problem is that fuse for the fan blows as soon as I turn the fan on.  I
did look at the ST forum and they said it could be a grounding problem.  I
replaced the switch and the same thing happens.  My next step is to
replace the wiring that the prior owner put in.  He did a real hack job and
it's really bad.  My brother in-law is a good mechanic and will be
"helping" me (he'll do most of the work while I watch).  I bought a
replacement fan on eBay for $50 just in-case.

So my questions:
1 - Does anyone know where (general area) the fan is grounded on the ST?
Can you point me to a wire diagram somewhere?
2 - What is the likelihood that the fan is the problem?
3 - If I do have to replace the fan do I have to pull the radiator?

My plan:
1 - Plug the new fan into the existing wires, grounded, and see if it blows
the fuse.
    A - If it blows the fuse then life is good.
    B - If it doesn't then make sure the old fan is grounded properly.
    C - If it's grounded replace the fan.
2 - No matter what replace the wiring and switch.

Will I have to remove the radiator to replace the fan?

Thanks - Sean