Looks great Arlen! I used a similar blue Color Rite paint on my 550. Not having a garage or paint equipment I got 5 spray cans @ $2 each at a discount place & still have 3 left. What kind of clear coat did you use? I heard some aren't very resistant to fuel spills on the tank. I used SprayMax 2-part epoxy in a spray can that was $25.
Regarding selling your bike, I put 20K miles on the 550 from Pittsburgh to Va. Beach. I weigh over 200 lbs plus baggage & it did well. I got a 650 & was happy with the extra power. I don't do more than 85 on the highway. It had enough zip for me at higher revs. I'm 50, so I'm no speed demon. -Bernie On 03/10/15, EGrider wrote: +1 for what Allen is saying. I owned a Katana for about 3 months. 'Nuff said. I parked the bike for the winter late in October, and started tearing her apart. My father and I painted it a few weekends ago and now it's bright blue, with a mirrored Honda decal under the clear coat. Now the bike looks like this! and it is above 40 degrees in Iowa (Ames) finally! Happy Riding! -Arlen -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
