I just went through this with a bike. You should always tell the group what
year and model bike you have, and I also suggest using a more descriptive
subject line than HELP!, as that subject line would fit nearly every post
on here.

Anyway, regardless of the bike you ride, some things to check, as others
have pointed out, would be the following:

1. Make sure the side stand is not down
2. Make sure the bike is in neutral (this one got me yesterday and sent me
into a momentary panic).
3. Your bike may have a starter fuse that's blown. This is different from
the main fuse, which will make the bike act like it has no battery in it at
all if blown, to my knowledge. Check that fuse (this one cost me a bunch of
money not long ago).
4. Use a wiring diagram to ascertain which fuse is the starter fuse. Turn
the bike on and use a multimeter (or a 12 volt light bulb with wires
attached even) to check that the fuse slot has power across it. Replace the
starter fuse if necessary.
5. If there is no power to the fuse slot, the connections into the fuse box
may be bad, something I've personally never experienced but people report
it here. If that seems to be the problem, others can tell you what they've
done.
6. You can put power directly to the starter motor to test its function.
The starter motor of course has + and - leads to it. After verifying which
is which (the minus will be attached to the frame), you can use a regular
auto jumper cable to put power directly to the + lead on the starter motor.
I just pulled away the rubber boot, attached a jumper cable, and touched
the other end to the + on the battery. The motor turned the engine over, so
I breathed a sigh of relief and knew I didn't have to replace the starter
motor.
7. Your starter solenoid may be bad. It's the first thing that you find as
you trace the + wire away from your battery. Those can have fuses on them,
or a piece of lead wire in the case of my '84. Make sure that is not blown.
(Why it blew may be another issue.)
8. The solenoid also has big screws on the top under the rubber boots. With
the key on, the starter motor should engage if you jump those with a
screwdriver. If it doesn't, that's a problem.

This will give you a few ways to narrow the problem down. Hopefully your
bike will turn over before you get to the bottom of the list.