Soldering attempt was futile. I went a bought some Jb weld high heat and it was 
setting for maybe 3-4 hours and I tried doing some sanding on the weld and the 
bolt came off pretty easily. The Jb weld was still kinda moist. It was a bit 
crumbly. I'm thinking it hadn't cured totally yet. So I redid the Jb weld and 
secured it with a zip tie. It's tough to get any kind of pressure on the screw 
since it's so small and even a slip in any direction jacks everything up. If 
this doesn't work, there is a custome bike shop a half mile from work. I'm sure 
they could weld the bolt end back onto the bit that is still sticking out of 
the frame. Would that work? Is it possible to weld a broken bolt back together? 
I got really lucky and where the bolt snapped, I don't even get the nut down 
far enough to use those threads. It just has to be small enough to fit through 
the bolt hole in the exhaust flange. 

I'm so mad at myself right now. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to