looks like i gouged the threads so much its more like a 5mm stud at this 
point.  the 6mm extractor couldnt get a grip on whats left.  Heat is not 
working.  the stud is not moving AT ALL.  Like, Zero movement.  GAH!

This is the worst thing thats happened to my motorcycling carerr thus far. 
 I can't believe this is happening right now.  I could seriously chop my 
fingertips off with a rusty diseased ridden blade and be happier than I am 
about this situation.  My next move is a welder.  I refuse to pull the 
head.  Theres no way that head is coming off a 33 year old machine.  I 
refuse to create more problems for myself.  Its either drill and tap or try 
to weld a nut on the end.  


Any one prefer one or the other?

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 10:13:53 PM UTC+8, Alexander Press wrote:
>
> So I got a torque wrench the other day and wanted to check some of my 
> torque jobs I've done recently. (My rear axle but was spot on btw. Cheers). 
> I get to my exhaust flange bolts and I couldn't even get near the 17-22 
> torque spec before the flange bolt snapped. So I'm warming up my soldering 
> iron right now. Going to try my luck at soldering the tip of the bolt back 
> on there. Is this going to hold up to daily driving or do I need to take 
> the old gal to a machine shop and have them weld it back on? Is it possible 
> to out new exhaust flange bolts all the way around?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to