That is a 6mm bolt, pitch is 1.0
When measuring a bolt it is the size of the bolt not the size of the socket you 
use

From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kyle Munz
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Help; Bolt missing for a ground. 1983 650 
nighthawk

If I recall that's just a 10mm bolt, I don't recall the length or thread pitch 
though.


-Kyle

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Blake Manwiller 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Hello; so i purchased a nighthawk and I'm not terrible mechanically sound so 
bare with me...

I noticed it was having issues starting(was working fine the day before) so i 
took the battery out to get tested; turns out it is probably the battery. But 
here's the weird part. When i put the batter back in i noticed a ground that 
attaches to the battery "case" that secures it. I can definitely go to the 
hardware store and buy a handful of batteries and try to figure out what size i 
need and how long; but I am really hoping; someone has a few minutes to check 
on theirs? I've go threw the mechanical manuals posted here and extensively 
googled, but i have come up empty. I have attached some pictures to help you 
see what i see. I am not sure what the ground attaches to; but figured it'd be 
bad to try to start it with it out properly grounded.



[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1ecqCum5hE8/V5ACC7CT4lI/AAAAAAAAAoA/QJNBT_nAL38I4GdklzOjb1RRaRA1y2UsgCLcB/s320/13819800_1040270196020969_280191672_n.jpg]<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1ecqCum5hE8/V5ACC7CT4lI/AAAAAAAAAoA/QJNBT_nAL38I4GdklzOjb1RRaRA1y2UsgCLcB/s1600/13819800_1040270196020969_280191672_n.jpg>




[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nV3O8hwzO8A/V5AB-j1PUoI/AAAAAAAAAn4/WSac0ezAkvcmfFnvl7d1TozErXx9H1IGgCLcB/s320/13814525_1040270216020967_15193077_n.jpg]<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nV3O8hwzO8A/V5AB-j1PUoI/AAAAAAAAAn4/WSac0ezAkvcmfFnvl7d1TozErXx9H1IGgCLcB/s1600/13814525_1040270216020967_15193077_n.jpg>



[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6IxC5uOITkI/V5ACBPrJNiI/AAAAAAAAAn8/0UoDJR1HboEVZJ7-ZaHNy-NQvdWonjuHwCLcB/s320/13823195_1040270202687635_1593731590_n.jpg]<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6IxC5uOITkI/V5ACBPrJNiI/AAAAAAAAAn8/0UoDJR1HboEVZJ7-ZaHNy-NQvdWonjuHwCLcB/s1600/13823195_1040270202687635_1593731590_n.jpg>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

________________________________

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH 
IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, 
AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS. If the reader of this message 
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for 
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that 
any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication 
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, 
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the 
original message immediately. Thank you.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to