Yup happens to me on my 83 650 every year when it comes out of winter
storage. The float needles are stuck so as suggested drain the bowels and
tap the carbs, then without starting the bike you can put a very small tube
(got mine at a hardware store) on the fuel valve vacuum opening, open the
valve and suck on the tube.  This will let the carbs fill and you'll know
if you need to do the drain and tap again.  Usually twice does the trick
for me.