> I used to have an 80's Honda that had a dash light that lit up and said
"Tail light" if the tail light bulb did not function. That's probably what
the tail light sensor you're talking about do

Hrm. I do have a tail light bulb on the dash. One would think one could
just periodically pull the brake and check. I wonder how the sensor works
and what it is. It must measure the current draw to the bulb somehow, and
toggle one of the two lights. If the tail light doesn't draw power, the
dash light turns on.

I'm pretty sure I don't have the tail light sensor anywhere. I wonder if
it's a legal requirement or just a feature of this particular bike? I.E. Am
I going to fail a safety inspection if it's not there?

> the bars you got with it, do not look anything like those on my
700s...evidently PO that had yours changed them...

Odd, when I look at replacement ones or ones for sale, they look the same
to me.

> The tail light sensor, is there to let folks know when you apply the
brake & are braking

I'm confused. That to me describes the tail light itself, which is of
course important. Not the sensor.