Figured I owe you guys an update:

Batteries:

Last couple months have been battery charging and capacity testing 24/7 on
both chargers.

I now have around 1800 cells capacity tested and marked (~2.5 milk crates
worth) and still another, oh, 700 or so still to process. Of the 1800, 200
are a larger form factor I'll use on a moped, and at least another 2-300
are 33% lower than the rest (just older and that's as good as they made
them back then), so I'll drop those out.

I need to make some cardboard mockups of the batteries and start measuring
the frame to find out where I'm going to put all of them, but, roughly
speaking I think there's only room for 1200 cells on the bike at most.
That's around 10,000 watt-hours. At 150 watt-hours per mile at highway
speed, that's 66 miles range. When I started this project I was hoping for
15 miles, so, things are lookin' good.

Throttle:

I ordered 4 different electronic throttles from China. 2 of them showed up.
1 of them works. Perfect, all told under $15 shipping included from the
various sellers. I'm getting the hang of this "parts from overseas" thing.
As they say in sailing "If you can't tie knots, tie lots."

Controller:

Until I get around to figuring out how to mount and stuff all the batteries
in, I need to figure out the controller. It's my next real bottleneck.

I have 3 forklift controllers and one golf cart controller, but all of them
are lower voltage than I want (24-36v max). Some of them have decent amp
abilities (100-200 amps), but that combined is still only around 5000
watts. That's enough for moped speeds, but not highway speeds and not hills.

I can buy (*spit*) a DC motor controller for $1000, or a DIY kit for $600,
but I'd ideally build one myself or find something junky I can use. I'm
keeping my eye on some electrical vehicle forums, but, damned things are
trendy nowadays.

I don't really want to build the battery packs until I know the size of the
controllers I'm using, since it'll probably eat up 10% of the battery pack
size.

That's about all that's new with me. While stumped, I'm fixing up an
electric moped and building it a new (used to be lead-acid) lithium pack
which I figure will be good practice for the Nighthawk when I'm done.