*waves back to everyone*

For the newcomers and refresher for the oldtimers...

4 years ago I bought a 1985 750s with a blown engine, as a rolling frame
with rubbermaids and shopping bags of misc parts and hardware from his
failed attempt at restoring it, for $20. My goal was to turn it into an
electric motorbike built entirely out of unwanted garbage.

I got it mostly reassembled by trial and error, and working, and then
paused to consider batteries, because my batteries depend on what my speed
controller is, and I wasn't sure about my speed controller. I'm in Canada
and things went slower than I hoped, and winter hit, so I lost enthusiasm.

Then, my driveshaft came out the last time I went to work on it the next
year.

Then someone stole my favorite helmet (I bought 3 used ones cheap, just to
see what I'd like).

The reason I never finished it was because my battery source of good
batteries dried up. Originally I planned on just old starter batteries, but
then I switched to a seemingly bottomless source of lithium batteries
recycled out of junk tool packs. That source closed down and combined with
another city.

Now I had plenty of batteries to build the bike. Maybe even twice as many
as I'd need for the bike. But the problem was that... I now had almost
enough for an entire car. But only barely. So if I used them on the bike, I
definitely couldn't have a usable car.

I hemmed and hawed for the next couple years, and recently moved it when
they cleaned the parkade and thought... I need to finish this damned thing.

In one of my first post I said: "I have issues with completion on projects,
so, simpler is better"

Indeed. Why am I working on my bike all of a sudden? Well because I've
spent the last year working on my electric car (a 1970 Opel GT, or rather
2, that I rescued from the shredders and combined 2 cut up bodies into
one). So naturally as I'm burning out on that, I'm procrastinating that
work and starting to distract myself with other projects again. So back to
the bike.

Step 1: Just shut up get it rolling. Do what it takes. Don't care about
optimum. Done is better then perfect.

Blah blah is my 36v controller the best option? Will I even be able to hit
40mph with voltage that low? Who cares. See Step 1, get it rolling.

Blah blah, how do I configure my batteries? See Step 1. I asked the local
NAPA if I could buy 3 of the best-worst used starter batteries people had
dropped off for the core charge, for the price of the core charge they said
sure. Anything moderately serviceable. Maybe it'll die after 5 trips of
being deep discharged. Oh well. Get it rolling.

No motorcycle license? No problem. I'm going to register it as a moped. I
doubt I'll hit 40mph anyway. I'll ride it until I'm comfortable and get my
motorcycle license, then maybe upgrade to better batteries in the future.

The gimmicky goal was "Build an electric motorcycle from garbage" and I've
succeeded. It will work. I'm not quite as cheap as I used to be (restoring
a 50 year old car has corners that simply cannot be cut, it's kind of
beaten that out of me), so when I upgrade it I'll probably spend a few
hundred on making it be not terrible.

Also, some of you guys helped me out a lot with parts and advice, and the
only payback you get from that is seeing that your contributions made a
difference, so, I want to at least share that it eventually did.

All it needs is:
 - 3 starter batteries.
 - Battery frame somehow.
 - Battery wired up.
 - Controller I already have to be mounted and wired up.
 - Maybe a different throttle (forklift throttle is sketchy)
 - Put the driveshaft back together or whatever happened to it there.
 - New mirrors
 - Probably new tires if I want to be safe.
 - Front turn signal indicator clamps (the par that grasps the bar is
cracked at the back of the "C" shape on both sides). Any idea where to buy
replacements? I'll just buy them now.