Mmmmm don’t know,

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 10:20 PM Dustin Anderson <durander.nam...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> But there is oil on the bottom of slave cylinder and the bottom of the
> output gear case cover. Would the wind be able to push leaking oil up onto
> those?
>
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018, 5:31 PM Graham Rogers <grahamjoanrog...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> How about the gear shifter shaft seal. That’s where they most often leak.
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM Dustin Anderson <
>> durander.nam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So I had the same issue with oil leaking out of the clutch slave
>>> cylinder last year. I rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder and replaced the
>>> pushrod seal inside of the output gear case. Noticed wear grooves on the
>>> pushrod likely from it spinning. Everything stopped leaking as badly. Still
>>> was a leak out of the oil pressure sensor and I replaced that. Now there is
>>> another leak, below the clutch slave cylinder, and to the rear of the oil
>>> pressure sensor, and I think it is again coming from the pushrod seal in
>>> the output gear case. Is the bearing out that keeps the pushrod from
>>> spinning, and then the spinning pushrod wears out the oil seal? Or is all
>>> the leaking a sign that the piston rings are gone and so the pressure from
>>> the cylinder is pushing down past the rings and into the crankcase? I am
>>> ordering the parts that I think will fix the issue, but I was looking for
>>> any advice.
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to nighthawk_lovers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>>
>>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/nighthawk_lovers/0Q8cAXoCRQ0/unsubscribe
>> .
>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
>> nighthawk_lovers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to nighthawk_lovers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to nighthawk_lovers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to