I’ve never had trouble bending either brake pedal or gear shifter just
using big pliers of sorts. Never had to heat them up. They bend pretty
easy. You can take the brake pedal off the bike and put it in a vice and go
to it or do it on the bike. If it doesn’t look bent just pry it out a
little using a length of 1X2 wood. My lift has under it about a dozen
pieces of wood of different lengths and sizes for all sorts of uses on a
bike, particularly handy in removing carbs. Graham