Thanks for the offer, Jim.  I'm interested in the cam chain noise video.  I
have a thoroughly enjoyable, well maintained, 20K mile, 1986 Nighthawk
CB700SC.  It recently developed a distinct engine clatter at idle.  The
noise clears up at  ~ 2000 RPM and higher.  It did not exhibit this clatter
when I put the bike up last fall.  Sounds like from the engine rather than
the clutch.  Does not sound like tappet-noise.    Your thoughts / ideas /
comments ?

David