Hello ALL,
I finally got around to bleeding the clutch for the first time since buying
the bike in March 2020.
All went well, and I then took off the lever to inspect the brass
bushing....to my surprise, there was not one there! I had a new one in
hand, Honda, part number 22885-mb0-006, made in Japan, installed it, but
haven't ridden it yet.
My question is: is this the correct bushing that I read many posts about
here that wears and can cause clutch problems?
I'm concerned about the condition of the clutch now, as just on my last
ride, 3 days ago, I believe I felt it slip on a fast acceleration, going
from 3rd to 4th gear.
I have no idea what happened to the bushing that should have been in there,
but it hasn't been there for at least the last 28 months and 5000 miles,
which certainly could not have been healthy for the clutch, as well as my
negligence in waiting so long to change the clutch fluid. The only time it
seemed problematic was going from neutral to 1st, clanking more than seemed
healthy.
Any thoughts appreciated.
William b.