> # change POSTS, PAGES, INDEX_PATH
> nikola new_post -t 'sample post'
> vim pages/index.rst
> # paste your content verbatim
> nikola build
> vim pages/index.rst
> # add some text
> nikola build
>
> Now do something along the lines of adding
<script src="/assets/js/jquery-3.4.1.min.js"></script>
to the base_helper.tmpl file under late_load_js() and rebuild.  At least
for me, this will cause nikola to rebuild all pages in /posts/ but not in
/pages/.  I realize that editing the base template will end up causing all
pages on the site to be rebuilt, but if I do nikola build -a to work around
this, I end up re-processing all the site's images, which is much slower
than just re-processing the pages.

I am using Python 3.8.1 and Nikola 8.0.4 on Windows 10 in a
virtualenvironment.  I don't know if it would matter, but I am using
PowerShell to run commands.