r3, regarding microcontrollers without operating system you may follow this
thread carefully:

[https://forum.nim-lang.org/t/3803](https://forum.nim-lang.org/t/3803)

As you may know, when we program tiny controllers like 8 bit AVR in C or C++ we
generally avoid library stuff like printf, malloc() or C++ >> << in out
operations. So we would avoid that in Nim also.

Current Nim stdlib uses GC, for example for strings and seq. So we may not use
that, at least not when we need GC to free the objects.

Note that for later Nim versions it is intended to have a stdlib which works
without GC fine, so that restrictions will relax.

So let us just try it, Nim should be a really nice language for embedded
devices.