Yeah...I thought about \n higher up but didn't want to change the semantics too
much. With that change my time goes down to 0.10 seconds (almost a full 3X
faster than the original 0.28 --opt:size version on the same machine). About
55..60% of that 0.10 seconds is all just libc fwrite stuff. The remaining Nim
probably can't be sped up much more..maybe 10% total runtime at most.
file.write is just a very thin wrapper for stdC fwrite. You can see if you look
at lib/system/sysio.nim (search for proc.*write.*File).