@ jlp765

We video and image processing guys tend to be highly specialized in "pixel
operations" and "image processing operations".

i.e. once we can get at the actual video RGB pixels or audio sample data we
know what to do with them

But we suck at things like setting up video file I/O - getting a programming
language to actually load and save video/audio data reliably

I have recently tried:

  * .NET languages with Mitov Videolab - quite easy to set up but SLOW
processing speed
  * HLSL GPU shaders inside video players like Potplayer - unbelievably fast
realtime processing, but currently no way to save video files

Many people who ask online "which language for video processing?" are typically
told to look at Processing (slow) and Matlab (also slow)

Everybody is looking for the same thing - a programming language that is FAST
and has easy-to-use audio/video data read/write functions.

If Nim could do this out-of-the-box, Nim would be 3 steps ahead of other
programming languages when people look around for languages that can do
audio/video.

This is just a suggestion of course - but it could be important if you want Nim
to become a popular language for audiovisual computing tasks.