That's a very nice draft!

It starts basic and soft but then it jumps to _high-level_ notions. I don't
know if average children will understand. For instance, in the _What is a
Programming Language_ section, you could explain what a compiler is compared
with other way to run code, and what is the compilation process. Or before
starting with syntax in _Part II: The basics_ , perhaps introduce what is the
general structure of a Nim program, single or multiple sources. Last example,
is explaining pointers in _References and Pointers_ a notion that must be
introduced to child-programmers? I would wait until _Part V: Advanced topics_
section to write about pointers...

A way to reach for children and beginners is to become quickly practical with
examples or projects that they can try and extend on their computers. An
example from Canada:
[https://kidscodejeunesse.org/resources-for-educators](https://kidscodejeunesse.org/resources-for-educators).
 There must be other resources in other countries.

Is there a way to report more precise critics directly in the text and help you?