Hi Florian Friesdorf,

I'd like to remind you that I did some alternative work which you may
want to have a look at. Eg I solved the pygtk issue in a different way.

A also did some initial work trying to package all python packages on
PyPi for nixpkgs. The problems I ran into was the lack of
  - which python version does a package need
  - dependency information (without running python code)

Thus it looks to me that you will have to download the packages to
query the install scripts for dependency information.

I'll be interested in how your result will look like - and how much
effort it'll be to maintain it.

But of course you know this all better than me. So I wish you success
with your project - keep posting about it.

Marc Weber