Hi,

I would like to use Nix for a certain data analysis where I will have
several thousand files which are all together about two TB in size. At the
moment NixOS is installed on a SSD which is a quarter that size. Would it
be possible to install a second store elsewhere, in this case on a slower
HDD?

I couldn't find anything about this so I guess it isn't possible. Do you
have in that case any other suggestions? I suppose the most obvious
solution would be to install Nix on the slower HDD. Using LVM with multiple
SSD's gets a bit too expensive.

How does Nix perform on a HDD?

Freddy