---- On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:35:59 -0600 Christoph-Simon Senjak
<christoph.sen...@googlemail.com> wrote ----

Hi.

Has anyone managed to install Gajim with OMEMO-Support?

Checkout the thread here: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/21692

The easiest way to get it working seems to be the following (I'm sure there are
better ways, but I'm too lazy to find them):

- Checkout the lastest master branch of nixpkgs

- Run `nix-env -f . -iA gajim` in the checkout

- Launch Gajim and install the OMEMO plugin via the plugin manager

- Maybe restart Gajim

- Profit

Since you have already installed the plugin via the plugin manager, you
shouldn't need that step.

I installed

gajim with the plugin-manager (which I had to install manually), as

apparently plugins are not packaged. Now, I normally use stable, that

is, 16.09.1772.6e17350. When trying to activate the OMEMO plugin, it

complains that I have to install python-axolotl. I tried the following

in my ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix:

packageOverrides = pkgs: rec {

gajim_ = pkgs.stdenv.lib.overrideDerivation pkgs.gajim (old : {

extraPythonPackages = with pkgs.pythonPackages; [ cryptography

python-axolotl python-axolotl-curve25519 qrcode python-axolotl ];

});

});

and it runs and compiles, but still, I cannot activate the OMEMO plugin.

Then I tried to use a shell and use the unstable tree, with the

following default.nix:

with import (builtins.toPath (builtins.getEnv "HOME" +

"/nobackup/nixos-unstable/nixpkgs")) {};

runCommand "bash"

{

gajim_ = pkgs.stdenv.lib.overrideDerivation pkgs.gajim (old : {

extraPythonPackages = with pkgs.pythonPackages; [ cryptography

python-axolotl python-axolotl-curve25519 qrcode python-axolotl ];

});

buildInputs = [gajim_];

} ""

when trying to build it, I get the error message

running install tests

python test/runtests.py

process 19420: arguments to dbus_move_error() were incorrect, assertion

"(dest) == NULL || !dbus_error_is_set ((dest))" failed in file

dbus-errors.c line 282.

This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

make: *** [Makefile:986: test] Aborted

builder for

‘/nix/store/hkrakffkg0g3lahf6r9lq5in13nwcnrm-gajim-0.16.6.drv’ failed

with exit code 2

error: build of

‘/nix/store/hkrakffkg0g3lahf6r9lq5in13nwcnrm-gajim-0.16.6.drv’ failed

/run/current-system/sw/bin/nix-shell: failed to build all dependencies

so I cannot really build anything with OMEMO support. I am really out of

ideas now. How can this be done? Can somebody help, please?

It would btw be nice to have a gajim-omemo package, as many other

distros do, since OMEMO is such an essential feature.

Best Regards

Christoph-Simon Senjak