On 27.02.2017 17:31, laverne wrote:

---- On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:35:59 -0600 *Christoph-Simon Senjak
<christoph.sen...@googlemail.com>* wrote ----

    Hi.

    Has anyone managed to install Gajim with OMEMO-Support?

Checkout the thread here: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/21692

The easiest way to get it working seems to be the following (I'm sure
there are better ways, but I'm too lazy to find them):

- Checkout the lastest master branch of nixpkgs
- Run `nix-env -f . -iA gajim` in the checkout
- Launch Gajim and install the OMEMO plugin via the plugin manager
- Maybe restart Gajim
- Profit

Since you have already installed the plugin via the plugin manager, you
shouldn't need that step.

Ok, that appears to work, thank you.

    I installed
    gajim with the plugin-manager (which I had to install manually), as
    apparently plugins are not packaged. Now, I normally use stable, that
    is, 16.09.1772.6e17350. When trying to activate the OMEMO plugin, it
    complains that I have to install python-axolotl. I tried the following
    in my ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix:

    packageOverrides = pkgs: rec {
    gajim_ = pkgs.stdenv.lib.overrideDerivation pkgs.gajim (old : {
    extraPythonPackages = with pkgs.pythonPackages; [ cryptography
    python-axolotl python-axolotl-curve25519 qrcode python-axolotl ];
    });

    });

    and it runs and compiles, but still, I cannot activate the OMEMO
    plugin.
    Then I tried to use a shell and use the unstable tree, with the
    following default.nix:

    with import (builtins.toPath (builtins.getEnv "HOME" +
    "/nobackup/nixos-unstable/nixpkgs")) {};
    runCommand "bash"
    {
    gajim_ = pkgs.stdenv.lib.overrideDerivation pkgs.gajim (old : {
    extraPythonPackages = with pkgs.pythonPackages; [ cryptography
    python-axolotl python-axolotl-curve25519 qrcode python-axolotl ];
    });
    buildInputs = [gajim_];
    } ""

    when trying to build it, I get the error message

    running install tests
    python test/runtests.py
    process 19420: arguments to dbus_move_error() were incorrect, assertion
    "(dest) == NULL || !dbus_error_is_set ((dest))" failed in file
    dbus-errors.c line 282.
    This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
    D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
    make: *** [Makefile:986: test] Aborted
    builder for
    ‘/nix/store/hkrakffkg0g3lahf6r9lq5in13nwcnrm-gajim-0.16.6.drv’ failed
    with exit code 2
    error: build of
    ‘/nix/store/hkrakffkg0g3lahf6r9lq5in13nwcnrm-gajim-0.16.6.drv’ failed
    /run/current-system/sw/bin/nix-shell: failed to build all dependencies

    so I cannot really build anything with OMEMO support. I am really
    out of
    ideas now. How can this be done? Can somebody help, please?

    It would btw be nice to have a gajim-omemo package, as many other
    distros do, since OMEMO is such an essential feature.

    Best Regards
    Christoph-Simon Senjak