Greetings all,

One of my favorite experiences of late has been the opportunity to be
involved in what I think is a very exciting paper about reproducible
research that will be presented at ACL 2013 in Sofia.

The paper is called "Offspring from Reproduction Problems: What
Replication Failure Teaches Us" and the authors are Antske Fokkens,
Marieke van Erp, Marten Postma, Ted Pedersen, Piek Vossen and Nuno
Freire. You can find a preprint here:

http://wordpress.let.vupr.nl/reproducingnlpresearch/files/2013/05/FokkensErpPostmaPedersenVossenFreireACL2013.pdf

This paper includes a rather extensive discussion of reproducing
results WordNet::Similarity, which is where I come into the picture
(in a somewhat limited way I would say).

My co-authors have gone above and beyond the call of duty and have
also provided supporting materials for this paper, including a short
video that teases the paper/talk  :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EUrbd-Tfjk

and a web site that is meant to serve as a gathering place and
clearing house for discussions about reproducible research:

http://wordpress.let.vupr.nl/reproducingnlpresearch/

Please visit both, and certainly please attend the talk at ACL 2013!

If I am reading the schedule correctly, it will be presented during
the long paper session on evaluation methods (10a), 15:00 - 15:25, Wed
Aug 7. http://www.acl2013.org/site/daily_program.html

Cordially,
Ted

--