From: Erp, M.G.J. van <marieke.van....@vu.nl>
Date: Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Subject: [Corpora-List] Reproducibility of NLP Research
To: "corp...@lists.uib.no" <corp...@lists.uib.no>

Dear colleagues,

Despite clear methodological descriptions and making our code and data
available, it is still difficult to make our research reproducible. We
would like to invite the NLP community to join a discussion on
reproducing results from NLP research. One of the main questions we
want to address is how we can get a better understanding of our
methods through systematic research.

Please visit our website:
http://wordpress.let.vupr.nl/reproducingnlpresearch/ to join our
discussion group or share your experiences and ideas.

…or come and talk to Antske Fokkens and myself at ACL 2013 in Sofia,
where we will present the paper:

"Offspring from Reproduction Problems. What replication failure
teaches us". http://aclweb.org/anthology/P/P13/P13-1166.pdf

Fore more information, see the announcement at YouTube:
http://youtu.be/5EUrbd-Tfjk

Regards,
Marieke van Erp

--
Computational Lexicology & Terminology Lab (CLTL)
The Network Institute, VU University Amsterdam

De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV  Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.mariekevanerp.com
http://www.newsreader-project.eu