I've used VMWare, in the past, and I currently use Virtual Iron, because it
has fairly simple administration and is far cheaper than VMWare, if you want
the bells and whistles.
The big reasons to use VMWare or Virtual Iron (in my opinion) is the nice
gui administration tools and their ability to run virtualized Windows guests
very well, which has not worked well for me, with Xen based virtualization
under Red Hat or SuSE.

Chris