From: nlug-talk@googlegroups.com [mailto:nlug-t...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Steven S. Critchfield
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 08:59
To: nlug-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [nlug] Re: sharing files without ftp

Users all need help learning tools.
FTP isn't always NAT friendly.

Your problem needs more information.
Do you need file uploading, or downloading?

Uploading can be handled via a simple web script you can write.
Downloading can also be moved to a web script. You can even set
up whatever credentials you need before allowing a upload or
download.

If you want to go even easier, set up a free email server that has
a good web interface and administer the users that way. Benefit being
that for a slightly more technical user, they could integrate it with
their current mail checking/usage tools.

So you really would be better off giving a better description of the
problem you wish to solve. More details give better suggestions.

--
Steven Critchfield cri...@basesys.com