On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Ken Barber <ken.bar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Too bad I just replaced my furnace... This would have worked great.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 15, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Dave Manginelli <dmangine...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>>      * On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 20:20 -0500, Chris McQuistion wrote:
>>> We're having a recycling event at Watkins, next week on May 21 and
>>> 22.
>>>
>>> The Green Earth Computer Recycling folks will be here with a few
>>> tables and such collecting recyclables including computers, monitors,
>>> servers, printers, copiers, TVs (limit 1), wires, cell phones,
>>> batteries, etc. on those days.
>>>

>>> Have questions about items you wish to recycle?  Call them at
>>> 262-9279.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Before I recycle it...
>>
>> Would anyone like to have a mini-refrigerator sized Compaq Proliant
>> 333
>> (Mhz) Server?  It's the "beige box" style on casters with 8 SCSI
>> hot-swap slots and redundant everything.  It's not fast but solid as a
>> rock.  It has an AMI MegaRaid hardware Raid controller in it with 2 *
>> 20GB(?) SCSI drives plus 1 new spare of same size.
>>
>> 1.?? GB of ECC memory.
>>
>> It will take 4 (maybe 8?) CPUs which were cheap on ebay last time I
>> looked.
>>
>> Email off list if interested.

you can still use it to keep your coffee hot

--
-- NOT sent from an iphone,blackberry,Nokia, or any handheld. --

I'm a PC(x86 AND ppc)
AND I RUN LINUX!!!
Linux is like ice cream. It comes in many flavors and everyone has
their favorite, but we all get the same smile regardless of which we
choose to scoop.
-
Eric Hoffer  - "The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the
fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who ... -
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26882.html