Very nice read.  I have to agree with Linus entirely that Microsoft Hatred
really is a disease.  To be honest, blind Microsoft hatred and
unproductive/unnecessary Microsoft-bashing are the two things that really
put me off of the Linux community at times.
Is Linux a better option for many, many things, over Microsoft?  Sure, but
that doesn't mean that Linux users should become zealots who take sick
pleasure out of bashing Microsoft (a software vendor that they don't even
use) at every possible opportunity.

This is the same issue that I get frustrated at Apple about, too.  Apple's
entire marketing campaign for the past 5+ years has been centered on
pointing out the (real/imagined) problems of their chief competitor, rather
than actually talk about the *advantages* of their product.  Mac OS X
*has *advantages
over Microsoft.  Linux *has* advantages over Microsoft.  Why not talk about
the *real* advantages of your platform, rather than beat up on the other
guy?

My two cents...

Chris