On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Karl Haines <k...@nashvilleproweb.com> wrote:
> Hey folks! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday morning!
>

> I’m writing this message to inquire about OpenWRT, and possibly any other
> suggestions that you folks might have. I came across OpenWRT, when looking
> for a solution to provide a custom hotspot. Now, I am aware of the “Hotspot
> in a box” technologies. The reason that I’m not interested in those is
> because I’m not actually wanting to charge people for the hotspot, only make
> them maybe accept some terms or something of that nature.
>

> That being said, I’ve looked at OpenWRT, played with it some, and thought
> about using it along with chilispot. I also saw another thing called wifidog
> I believe it was.
>

> Anyway, I was hoping to get some opinions/advice/suggestions from you folks
> about this.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Karl Haines

I haven't gotten around to setting it up, but I was going to try to
use NoCatSplash for something similar.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/NoCatSplash

I was going to use it to troubleshoot a problem that our users have at
hotels that require you to agree to TOS before using wifi.  Our VPN
software completely blocks your access to the internet until you've
connected to the VPN.  The Hotel wants you to access the internet and
click "OK" before they let you on the VPN.  :)  We have a procedure to
handle this, but some users still report problems.