On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 11:20 -0600, Gibson Prichard wrote:
> For years I have used IPCop at home as a content-filtering firewall,
> protecting my kids from stuff they shouldn't see online. I noticed
> that IPCop seems to be stuck in a rather old release, with no real
> enhancements being done that I can see.

I don't find the lack of updates to IPCop to be an issue--either it does
what I need it to or it doesn't (as long as the security updates are
still coming, which they seem to be).

For those who think newer is better, there are plenty of recent updates
to the test versions including 1.9.9 as of only 4 days ago:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipcop/files/

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear about the alternatives but for me
personally, if it ain't broke don't fix it.