All this talk about 'free' being possibly bad and having ulterior motives
makes me a little confused.

Isn't Linux and the Free Software movement all about 'free' (as in beer)
just as much as free (as in speech)?

How can the same people that applaud Linux being 'free' give Microsoft a
hard time about giving stuff away for 'free'.  (...and I understand that
Microsoft's training/products are not free (as in speech), but they are
being ragged on for being free (as in beer.))

Seems like an obvious double-standard...

Chris